Do I need to exercise every time to get a slimmer body? This question might pop up in your mind every now and then. The answer is – not necessarily. Due to some health conditions, lack of interest or time, there is one amazing principle that you should follow: “Burn more calories than you take in.” This rule works wonders when accompanied with strict diet chart followed by a moderate workout activity like dancing, swimming, cycling or simply walking. Drink a lot of water, control your calorie intake by maintaining a stringent diet plan, stay active and remain accountable for every step you take and make reinforcements in your diet plan from time to time so as to keep yourself motivated. These are some of the common factors, which will reap positive rewards in your overall health and lifestyle. You can manage your weight diligently by simple tips and tricks. Read this article to find out effortless fitness hacks for a slimmer and healthy body without exercising.
Fitness Hacks for Slimmer and Healthier Body
Improve your sitting posture while you are in the office. A wrong posture may lead to severe back pain and often causes trouble during physical activities or exercises.
Go for a short walk in a nearby park whenever you feel stressed. Walking for 15 minutes will provide you the same relaxation as a 200 calorie snack does.
3. Outdoor Games
Try to indulge yourself in the outdoor games that help shed extra pounds as they are perfect for warm-up. For instance, badminton, basketball, volleyball, swimming, etc., will make a good choice instead of sitting in front of your play station for long hours.
4. Climb a Tree
Enjoy with your family and spend some quality time while having fun in a park. Become a kid again and try to climb a tree. It is a great physical activity that requires strength.
5. Fitness Holiday
Go for a fitness oriented holiday instead of just lying in your hotel bed or on the beach. Hill climbing, ice skating, water-skiing, snorkeling and aqua dancing to name a few are some of the great fun activities in which you can involve yourself.
6. Clean your House
Cleaning is a great source of exercise and even better than hitting a gym. It will make your bones and muscles stronger and give you more energy equivalent to a bar of dark chocolate. Do not depend upon workers and laborers to help you out with the household tasks. Burn those extra calories without spending extra bucks on the gym and servants.
- Wash your car instead of depending upon others to do it for you.
- Volunteer for a cause or get involved in some housework like painting the walls, fixing the roof or cleaning the floor, etc., to maintain good health.
7. Stretch While Watching Television
Take time to stretch while watching television. This will relax your body muscles, improve posture and decrease the urge to eat frequently when sitting on the couch.
People tend to continue eating in front of TV or computer till the sitcom gets over. They unconsciously consume without noticing the quantity. This will add up the extra calories and increased weight.
8. Use Alternative Means of Transport
Instead of going to office by car, use alternative means of transport like ride a bicycle or bike, or sometimes consider resorting to public transportation. This will help you burn more calories and keep you fit.
Gardening as an activity may sound boring to some, but that’s not the case. It relaxes your mind and body; enable you to connect with nature besides burning all those extra calories.
10. Get a Dog
Walk your dog for 60 minutes daily, it is equivalent to 30 minutes of moderate exercise.
11. Standing Desk
Make use of standing desk to work on your system. It will burn those extra calories since standing for long hours requires strength.
12. Replace Chair with Stability Ball
Sitting on a stability ball requires correct posture, and thus, calories get burnt in a large amount while maintaining that posture. Thus, it helps maintain a balanced weight.
13. Weighted Vest
Wear a weighted vest that gives you around 20 more pounds to hold, and thus, helps in burning extra calories when you work around.
Try out dance as it is a recreational activity. It will rejuvenate you and also help burn extra fat. You may different dance forms like hip-hop, cha-cha, locking, popping, salsa, contemporary, etc. Besides, dancing acts as an excellent mood lifter and stress buster.
Have a glass of water before each meal and minimum 8 glasses of water every day. This will maintain the acid – alkaline balance in your body and increase metabolism, which will help reduce weight.
16. Green Tea
Replace green tea with regular tea. Nowadays, this herbal decoction is widely used by fitness freaks as it helps you maintain weight.
17. Calorie Count
Try to burn more calories that you are taking in. Take help of food tracking app and ensure that you enter everything you eat. Set your daily target to lose weight and follow it up.
- Alternatively, to keep calories under control, eat lots of fresh vegetables instead of pizza and bread as the carbohydrates present in vegetables can be digested more easily than bakery products.
18. Nutritious Diet
You must also cut out foods from your diet that don’t provide you enough nutrients. Incorporate the following foodstuffs in your daily diet or weight loss regime.
- Fruits like raspberries, pears and apples.
- Vegetables like peas, artichokes, broccoli,
- Nuts like beans, almonds and lentils,
- Cereals like spaghetti, bran flakes and barley
19. Eat in Small Portion
Chew your food slowly and divide it into smaller portions. It will ease the digestion process and, as a result, body metabolism also quickens up. This will generate instant energy, and you will not starve very often.
- Slow down while eating food as this increases metabolism and brain gets time to communicate with the stomach so that it may signal us to stop eating when we are full.
20. Never Skip Breakfast
Have breakfast as it kicks start your metabolism giving you instant energy; consequently, you don’t feel lethargic throughout the day. Breakfast must contain something rich in fiber and protein. Make milk and eggs as an essential part of your breakfast since they are rich in vitamin A, D, and calcium. Include fat free yogurt with some flaxseed, oatmeal, and salad to your diet.
- Alternatively, you can also utilize whole wheat grains, low fat proteins like tofu and skinless chicken breasts in the breakfast.
21. Correct Timing
Our body gets accustomed to the food schedule that we follow, and thus, the metabolism works in the same pattern and burns calories accordingly. If our food pattern is not predictable, then the body will store calories for long and will not break down into energy. This will lead to increased weight.
- In addition to this, if we have a regular food schedule we will be able to regulate our eating habits, which is not possible otherwise.
- Set a deadline for dinner, which must be followed strictly in order to lose weight. You must try not to snack upon late at night; never after 8 pm and just before going to bed, as the body does not lose calories late at night that may result in an excessive buildup of fat. Feel free to have a cup of herbal tea just before going to bed, it will help you to feel fuller and satisfy momentary cravings.
- You must have food only while you are hungry. Stop eating when you feel satisfied and do not overeat.
- Subside your craving for having a dessert after dinner by eating a fruit or small piece of dark chocolate.
22. Emotional Eating
Avoid emotional eating due to stress or any other mental trauma. Pursue your hobby regardless of age. Give time to exercises, meditation, play or learn some musical instrument or read books from your bucket list. It will help divert attention and will keep you from eating.
23. Avoid White Grains
Try to find substitutes for white grains, dairy products, and white bread. Consume brown bread and whole wheat products as much as possible. Carbohydrates, present in white grains cause bloating in the stomach which leave us feeling hungry even when we have consumed a lot.
24. Airplane Exercises
Find a new way to conquer your boredom while flying. Instead of reading a magazine or watching a movie, try some muscle relaxing exercises that too without sweating.
- Eat something before going for grocery shopping. It will make you feel fuller, and you won’t crave for junk food.
- Carry a water bottle wherever you go. This trick will keep you away from sugary drinks, caffeinated drinks, and sodas.
- Set an alarm clock and fix a time when you want to hit the gym so that you remain focused and determined.
- Wear a pedometer. It will count your steps and motivate you to walk more.
- Sleep for at least 7-8 hours at night.
- Do not starve yourself as this leads to the accumulation of more fat in the body.