Hemorrhoids are irritating, painful and embarrassing, but not a serious health concern. Commonly known as piles, hemorrhoids are inflamed and swollen veins in your lower rectum and anus. They may build up beneath the skin around the anus (external hemorrhoids), or may be sited inside the rectum (internal hemorrhoids). There are a number of factors responsible for increased pressure in the lower rectum that leads to hemorrhoids. Some of them are pregnancy, chronic diarrhea or constipation, obesity, anal intercourse, sitting for long periods of time on the toilet, straining during bowel movements, low-fiber diet. The most common symptoms for hemorrhoids include bleeding, blood clot or lumps around your anus, itching, swelling, irritation, and anal pain. Let’s have a look at some home remedies to get rid of hemorrhoids in a natural manner.
Home Remedies for Hemorrhoids
1. Olive Oil
Or else, you can also consume a teaspoon of olive oil. Repeat the process every day to relieve the problem.
2. Almond Oil
Repeat the same process for a couple of times to get rid of hemorrhoids naturally.
Wrap some partially melted pieces of ice in a cloth.
Apply it on the affected area for at least 10 minutes. Repeat the process multiple times in a day.
4. Lemon Juice
Soak a cotton ball into it and apply it on your skin directly.
You may experience a tingling or burning sensation but after a couple of minutes, your pain will be gone.
- Alternatively, mix ½ teaspoon each of ginger juice, lemon juice, and honey. Consume this mixture once in a day.
In a blender, blend these chunks until they turn into liquid form. If you feel the mix is dry, add a few teaspoons of water.
Spread the mix on a clean handkerchief or a thin gauze bandage and fold it up in half. Now apply this on the hemorrhoids for approximately 5-10 minutes.
6. Whole Grains
Have some best whole grain products such as barley, oats, millet, brown rice, maize, quinoa and buckwheat regularly to relieve the symptoms.
8. Coconut Oil
Now, gently rub coconut oil on the affected area and repeat the same procedure several times a day.
- Another option is to soak a cotton ball into the bowl of coconut oil and apply it onto the affected area. Let it stand for a couple of minutes.
Or else, you can also drink prune juice or take it in the supplement form.
10. Apple Cider Vinegar
Take a glass of water and add 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar to it. Mix well and drink this prepared solution at least two times a day. You may add some honey for a better taste.
Carry out this process for internal hemorrhoid treatment. To cure external hemorrhoids, soak a cotton ball in the vinegar for a couple of minutes and place on the inflamed area.
8-10 glasses of water are recommended every day to get relief from the bleeding and pain caused by hemorrhoids.
12. Baking Soda
Mix a few drops of water in a small quantity of baking soda to form a paste and apply it on the infected skin.
Or else, add some baking soda in a tub of warm water and sit in it for a few minutes.
13. Black Tea Bags
Apply this tea bag to the swollen veins. Leave it on for about 10 minutes. Practice this remedy 2-3 times a day.
Alternatively, apply the cold used tea bag directly on the affected skin area for 5 to 10 minutes on regular basis to alleviate hemorrhoids.
Allow the mix to cool down and use the water to rinse the anal region so as to cure hemorrhoids.
15. Epsom Salt
Sit in the slightly warm water for 15 minutes. Repeat the process a couple of times every day to relieve inflammation and pain associated with hemorrhoids.
Next morning, have them on an empty stomach.
- Alternatively, eat 1 tablespoon of grated radish along with 1 teaspoon of honey.
- Or else, make a paste by mixing some grated radish and milk. Apply this paste around your anal opening. Wash off after 15 to 20 minutes.
- Practice this remedy two times a day.
Or else, drink a cup of pomegranate juice twice a day.
- Another method is to burn the peels of pomegranate fruit to get its ashes.
- Mix one teaspoon of it in 200 ml of water and wash the infected area with this solution a number of times every day. Repeat this process for 7 days.
After consuming the mix, drink a glass full of buttermilk to get rid of bleeding piles in a short span of time.
20. Black Cumin Seeds
Apply it on your anal region and leave it on for about 15 to 20 minutes. Repeat this remedy twice a day.
Herbal Remedies for Hemorrhoid Removal
Here are some natural remedies for hemorrhoids that will help you treat the problem effectively at home.
21. Aloe Vera
Store the pieces in a container and freeze them for a short interval of time. Now, apply these slices on the affected area.
- For external hemorrhoids treatment, extract the gel from an aloe vera leaf and apply it on your anus for a couple of minutes.
- Repeat this process daily to get rid of hemorrhoids.
22. Witch Hazel
Place it on the hemorrhoids prone area. Carry out this procedure 3 times a day.
23. Butcher’s Broom
Or else, you may also consume capsules made from this herb.
24. Horse Chestnut
It is the best hemorrhoid treatment.
25. Psyllium Seeds
Next week, take it with lunch. In the same way, take it with your dinner in the third week.
Note – Drink plenty of water if you are taking these seeds.
26. Herbal Tablets
Grind equal quantities of Indian lilac seeds, garlic, dry ginger and asafoetida by adding little water.
Make 1 inch size tablets from this paste and dry them in shade. Now, amass them in an air tight container and take 1 to 2 tablets with water every morning and evening.
27. Mango Seeds
After the seeds become dry, grind them to form a powder. Amass this powder in a bottle or an air tight container. Take 2 gm (less than 1 teaspoon) of this powder with honey two times a day.
28. Jambul Fruit
- Lose weight if you are obese. Exercise every day to stay healthy.
- After each bowel movement, use baby wipes (or other pre moistened towels) to blot the anus.
- Use soaps devoid of perfumes or dyes.
- Wear cotton underwear and loose clothes.
- Eat fruits and vegetables that are rich in vitamin C such as oranges, lemons, broccoli, etc.
- Dry the anal area with a soft, spongy towel, or cloth.
- Limit consumption of salt.
- Don’t stand or sit for a longer interval of time. If you are bound to sit for long time, sit on pillow.
- Don’t lift heavy objects.
- Don’t eat spicy foods, red meat, fatty and over-processed foods.
- Shun drinking alcohol and tea in excess.
- Don’t drown yourself in stress.