A fibroid is a benign tumor of muscular and fibrous tissues which develops in the wall of the womb on or within the uterine. Uterine fibroids, also know as myoma, and fibromyoma or leiomyoma are non-cancerous and can grow to a size of a grapefruit. Fibroid tumors are common among obese women and those aged between 30-50 years. Hormonal imbalance, pregnancy, obesity, genetics, abnormalities in blood vessels, improper diet and toxins are known causes of fibroids. The symptoms of fibroids are irregular periods, excessive uterine bleeding, sharp pelvic pain, obstructed urination, constipation, backache, pain in legs, anemia, and swelling in the lower abdomen. If you want to know how to shrink fibroids fast, then read on. Our home remedies for fibroids list all the natural treatments to try at home.
Indeed, garlic and uterine fibroids have a long history together as the herb is probably the first remedy most people try. And for good reason.
Its antioxidant properties cure fibroids. Garlic also prevents the growth of the tumor in the uterus.
In studies, Garlic extracts acted to remove catabolic wastes from the pelvic cavity and from uterine and ovarian tissue, thereby accelerating metabolism and reversing fibroid growth. (1)
Chew some raw garlic cloves on a regular basis and add garlic to cooking.
2. Lemon Juice
Add two teaspoons of lemon juice and one teaspoon of baking soda in a glass of water.
Stir the solution well and drink it. To reduce the symptoms of fibroids, drink this solution on a regular basis.
- You can prepare tea by adding some fresh ginger roots in a glass of boiling water.
- Strain the tea and drink it many times in a day.
- Ginger root also helps reduce inflammation in ovaries and uterus.
Alternatively, you can add garlic. Ginger and garlic shrink fibroids and is often seen as the classic combination for how to treat fibroids at home.
4. Olive Oil
You are required to take one tablespoon of olive oil with some lemon juice on an empty stomach in the morning.
You can also prepare olive tea by brewing olive leaves that help boost the immune system.
5. Castor Oil
Soak a clean washcloth in it for some time until it absorbs oil. Fold the cloth and place it on the abdomen area.
Now, cover the cloth with a plastic wrap and put a hot water bottle on it. Leave it overnight. Continue this method for five nights. After a break of two nights, repeat the same.
To notice positive results, try this method for three weeks.
6. Apple Cider Vinegar
All you need to do is add two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in 8 ounces of water. Stir it well and drink daily.
- You can also pour one teaspoon of baking soda and two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water. Drink it after stirring well.
Note – Do not drink undiluted apple cider vinegar.
A study of more than 22,000 African American women showed that women who consumed milk, cheese, ice cream, or other dairy products at least once a day were less likely to develop fibroids than women who consumed dairy less frequently. (1)
Pour some warm milk in a glass of water. Add one teaspoon each of coriander powder, turmeric powder and Triphala powder to it. Stir the solution well and drink it twice a day.
8. Turmeric Powder
If you do not want to have turmeric capsules, you can add turmeric powder to your regular diet, like curry.
- Alternatively, drink turmeric water by adding two tablespoons of turmeric powder or roots in 32 ounces of water. Let it boil for 15 minutes and steep for 40 minutes. When the solution cools down, drink it.
9. Master Cleanse Technique
To prepare a master cleanse,
- Pour 10 ounces of water into a vessel.
- Add two tablespoons, each of lemon juice and organic maple syrup, to it.
- Add 1/10 teaspoon of cayenne powder.
- Drink 6-10 glasses a day. It will help reduce inflammation.
Therefore, to reduce the size of fibroid tumors start eating raw onions.
Just prepare a paste by adding one teaspoon of gooseberry powder in one teaspoon of honey.
Mix well and consume it. You are advised to have this paste on an empty stomach in the morning. It is a very useful remedy for decreasing the size of fibroid tumors.
Becuase of the similarity, these phytoestrogens block the estrogen receptors on the cells in fibroids, potentially minimizing symptoms and lowering your risk for fibroid growth.
Prepare soups or stews out of soybeans. The protein present in soy blocks the growth of fibroid cysts.
13. Yoga and Meditation
To balance the physical functions of our body, yoga is the best option. Meditation and yoga also help maintain menstrual cycles and hormonal levels.
14. Warm Compress
All you are required to do is boil some water and fill it with a hot water bag. Place this bag on the abdomen area.
Alternatively, take hot water bath. The heat acts as an anti-inflammatory agent. It will not reduce the size of fibroid tumor but relieve the pain.
One must consume cold water fish, like salmon, tuna, herring, etc., to get rid of uterine fibroids.
To treat cysts developing in ovaries, honey can be a wonderful solution.
A blend of various ingredients, like pollen, aloe juice, water, etc. with honey, is effective against fibroids.
- Just take a glass of pure water.
- Add a teaspoon of 100% natural honey and one tablespoon of pollen to it.
- Blend all the ingredients adding one cup of aloe juice.
- Drink it.
17. Beet and Garlic
Mix it well and add it to a half cup of freshly extracted carrot juice. Add one teaspoon of honey to it. Stir well and drink regularly.
Alternatively, many people combine beetroot and honey for fibroids.
18. Banana and Corns
- Put two quarts of water to boil.
- Add two corns, five bananas, and five sheets of achiote to it.
- Let all the ingredients boil for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let it stand for 10 minutes.
- Strain the solution and drink this tea several times a day.
Herbs For Shrinking Fibroids
19. Aloe Vera
Using aloe vera for fibroids is quite simple:
- All you need to do is to mix ¼ cup of aloe vera juice with 1 cup of beet juice in a glass.
- Add some lemon juice and 1-2 tablespoons of un-sulfured blackstrap molasses.
- Pour enough water to fill a glass.
- This mixture helps to shrink fibroids.
20. Reishi Mushrooms
They are one of the best foods for shrinking fibroids fast. You can prepare tea out of it.
- All you are required to do is boil 4-5 cups of water and add 3-5 gm of Reishi mushrooms to it.
- Put the mixture to simmer for 2 hours.
- For taste, you can add honey or ginger.
- You can also have it in the form of a tablet or tincture.
21. Chaste berry
It helps regulate female hormones and stimulates the pituitary gland. You can prepare chaste berry tea or have it in tincture or tablet form.
Apart from tincture or tea, you can also consume chaste berry extract.
- Take 30-50 drops of the extract thrice a day.
- Intake this herb regularly for three months.
22. Goldenseal Root
It is suggested that 400 mg goldenseal root should be regularly consumed.
The alkaloid berberine present in goldenseal stops the growth of fibroids.
- You can prepare tea by adding one teaspoon each of goldenseal, beetroot, and false unicorn root in a cup of hot water.
- Let them simmer for a few minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let the mixture steep for twenty minutes.
- Strain the solution and drink two cups on a regular basis.
- For the best results, consume it for 3-6 months.
Note – It should not be consumed for a long time.
There are many Indian remedies for fibroids that come from Ayurvedic medicine. Triphala powder is one such remedy that is very popular to shrink uterine fibroids. It provides relief when taken with milk.
Apart from this, you can also have it with water. Just add one teaspoon of Triphala powder in half glass of water. Let it soak for 10 minutes. Drink this solution before going to bed.
24. Black Cohosh Root
It also reduces the inflammation and regulates the menstrual cycle. This natural herb shrinks the fibroid tumors.
25. Red Raspberry Leaf
Prepare tea with the help of fresh and dried raspberry leaves.
- Just add chopped raspberry leaves in a cup of boiling water.
- Cover the cup with a lid and leave it for 5-10 minutes.
- Filter it to remove leaves and drink it.
You can also prepare tea with the help of raspberry tea bag.
- All you need to do is bring 3-4 cups of distilled water to boil.
- Now soak four red raspberry tea bags in the water. Let them steep for maximum 30 minutes.
- Take away the soaked tea bags and put some sweetener to add taste to the tea. Stir well and drink it.
26. Dandelion Root
It helps flush out excess estrogen from the body.
- Simply prepare the tea by putting 1½ cups of water on simmer.
- Add three tablespoons of dandelion roots in it.
- Let it simmer for 15 minutes. After heating, let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Strain and drink three cups on daily basis.
- Or else, you can also have two capsules or 1-2 teaspoons of liquid extract of dandelion roots thrice a day.
27. Lady’s Mantle
- To use it, you just have to prepare tea by putting 3 quarts of water to boil. Add ¾ cup of lady’s mantle in it.
- Let it boil for five minutes.
- When it cools down, drink it hot.
- The tea will relieve the symptoms of fibroids.
28. Milk Thistle
You are advised to take 140 mg of milk thistle three times a day.
Continue having it for three months. It also helps treat gallbladder and liver disorders.
- You can also prepare tea with the help of milk thistle and chaste tree.
- Just put one tablespoon of chaste tree in one quart of water.
- Let it simmer for 50 minutes.
- Remove it from the heat and add one tablespoon of milk thistle in it.
- Let it soak for 30 minutes. Drink a cup of this herbal tea four times a day.
Note: Avoid usage of milk thistle during pregnancy.
It also prevents menstrual cramps and pain.
- Add 1-2 teaspoons of dried herb in a cup of boiling water.
- Let it steep for 10-15 minutes. Drink it thrice a day.
It is effective in reducing inflammation and removing harmful toxins from the body.
Echinacea, when mixed with white ash and red root, becomes very effective in treating fibroids.
31. Licorice Root
To reduce the excess production of estrogen, combine licorice root with red clove.
32. Burdock Root
You should take 400-500 mg capsules every day.
Continue taking capsules for 3-4 months or until the tumors are not completely treated.
The anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties of chamomile help cure fibroids cysts naturally.
- Prepare chamomile tea by adding 2-3 teaspoons of chamomile flowers in a cup of hot water.
- Let it infuse for 3 minutes.
- Strain it and add a few drops of lemon juice for taste.
34. Evening Primrose Oil
You are advised to have evening primrose oil tablets on a regular basis. Small fibroids disappear completely when evening primrose oil supplements are ingested.
35. Nettle Herb
- Put some water to boil.
- Add some washed nettle leaves in the boiling water. Let it steep for 20 minutes.
- Pour the tea into a cup and add some honey as a sweetener.
- For the effective results, drink two cups a day.
36. Willow Bark
Boil some water and add willow bark in the water. Let it simmer for 5-10 minutes. Drink it twice a day for two months.
- Maintain a balanced weight.
- Eat a lot of green veggies and fruits.
- Do exercise regularly.
- Take oral contraceptives (avoid at an early age).
- Drink plenty of water.
- Consume high-fiber and low-fat diet.
- Avoid consumption of caffeine, red meat, and fried food.
- Don’t take stress and tension.
- Do not smoke.